Acquiring personal information
We will acquire personal information appropriately.
Purposes of use of personal information
We will use personal information for the following purposes. We will not use personal information beyond this scope without the consent of the person whom the information relates to, unless there is a cause permitted by the APPI or other laws.
(1) Working on matters we are engaged for and contacting people regarding work on these matters
(2) Information, inquiries and applications for participation concerning lectures, seminars and other events we hold
(3) Transmitting and sending law-related information, greeting cards and the like
(4) Responding to various inquiries
(5) Learning about usage trends among users of our websites and social networking services (including those belonging to vendors we have subcontracted to) and measuring the effectiveness of our advertising
(6) Performing our work as appropriate
(7) Recruiting, selecting and contacting our attorneys, patent attorneys and employees, providing human resource and labor management and training after recruitment, and creating statistical materials concerning recruitment activities
(8) Any purposes ancillary to the usage purposes in (1) to (7) above
Providing personal information to third parties
We will not provide personal information to third parties without the consent of the person whom the information relates to, except under the provisions of laws.
Joint use of personal information
We may jointly use personal information obtained by a Party.
(1) Personal information items that may be jointly used
Names, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses and other contact information, and all other personal information items held by each Party
(2) Scope of persons who may jointly use personal information
Us (collectively with us, the “Joint Users”)
(3) Purposes of persons who jointly use personal information
- Working on matters the Joint Users are engaged for and contacting people regarding work on these matters
- Information, inquiries and applications for participation concerning lectures, seminars and the like that the Joint Users hold
- Transmitting and sending law-related information, greeting cards and the like
- Responding to various inquiries
- Learning about usage trends among users of the Joint Users’ websites and social networking services (including those belonging to vendors the Joint Users have subcontracted to) and measuring the effectiveness of the Joint Users’ advertising
- Performing the Joint Users’ work as appropriate
- Recruiting, selecting and contacting the Joint Users’ attorneys, patent attorneys and employees, providing human resource and labor management after recruitment, and creating statistical materials concerning recruitment activities
- Any purposes ancillary to the usage purposes above
(4) Person with responsibility for managing jointly used personal information
The Tokyo Office
Safekeeping of personal information
To prevent personal information from being leaked, lost, damaged or otherwise adversely affected, we will take the necessary measures, and in having our employees handle personal information, we will supervise the employees as necessary and appropriate to ensure the safekeeping of the personal information.
Requests for notice of the purposes of use, disclosure, correction, discontinuation of use, etc. of personal information
When we receive a request from the person whom personal information relates to for the disclosure, correction, addition or deletion, discontinuation of use, deletion, discontinuation of provision to third parties, or notification of the purposes of use of the personal information, we will confirm that the person making the request is the person whom the personal information relates to and respond to the request appropriately according to the provisions of the APPI.
Please note that we may not be able to comply with a request if the request does not fulfill the requirements of the APPI or there is a cause allowing us to reject the request under the APPI or other laws.
Contact point for inquiries
Confirming clients’ identities
We may ask to verify identification pursuant to the Japan Federation of Bar Associations’ Regulations Concerning Client Identity Verification and Record Preservation, Etc.
- For corporations:
- Confirming the corporation’s name and the location of its head office or main office through its certificate of corporate registration (tōki jikō shōmeisho) or an equivalent document
- Confirming the name and title of the corporation’s representative or the person who performs administrative duties as its agent or similar through their business cards or equivalent documents
- For natural persons:
Confirming the client’s name, address and date of birth through their seal registration certificate, driver’s license, passport, health insurance card, pension book or residence card (alien registration certificate).
If you do not want us to acquire cookies or browsing history data on associated websites, please delete our cookies and reject them in future.
Please refer to your browser’s help menu for details on cookie settings.